Friday, December 25, 2015

Morphe Brushes 35W review and swatches

When I first heard of Morphe Brushes palettes, it reminded me of the Coastal Scents 88 palette except that it is much bigger in sizes. They was being talked about a lot on Youtube. People were just raving about them non-stop. I looked at the eye shadow colors and started lusting after them for months until I finally got my hands on them 3 weeks ago at Hautelook. It took them 3 weeks to finally ship my order. The actual shipment only took 3 days by USPS but one of my eye shadow palettes came broken. I was so disappointed. Just bear in mind that if you were to purchase them from Hautelook, they ship really slow and the customer service is almost non-existent. I tried calling and live chat but could not get anyone to help me with my purchase. Anyway, back to the review.

Picture with no flash

Picture with flash

First two rows
3rd to 5th row

As you can see, they are quite pigmented. They were swatched with no primer. They blend pretty well on the eyes too. They could have a little fall-out but it is not a big deal for me. The eye shadows are just a little soft and feel a little silky when swatched. The matte shades have worse pigmentation, which is almost always the case for matte eye shadows.The shimmery shades feel quite creamy to touch with great pigmentation. For about 20 bucks, I think it is a really good palette. I just wish there are more shimmery light shades in this palette. Are they like the Coastal Scents palette? I would say they are quite similar to the 252 palette where every single shade has a full-sized version in terms of pigmentation and texture. 

One interesting finding: I actually also purchase Its bling palette (35E) and found that you could find them in Coastal Scents metal mania palette. It is as if they looked at the metal mania palette and purposely chose 35 eye shadows, made them bigger and put them in new palette. However, the 35E is so much more pigmented than the CS eye shadows in metal mania. Unfortunately, the 35E was received damaged (2 eye shadows broke) so I could not do a review on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment