Wednesday, June 8, 2011

ELF haul

                Mineral brushes! They feel really soft and I know they should be able to work well, judging from my experience. However, I am not kinda person who uses concealer brush since the finger will do the job. This concealer is quite fluffy. I wonder how does that gonna help to blend because usually concealer brushes are quite flat. Its nylon-like bristle, which is typical of concealer brush, disappoints me as I thought it'll be a good eye shadow brush. Nylon-like bristles are great for picking up cream product, not powder product. This also explains why flat foundation brush are usually made of nylon. 

Two mineral eye shadows in Royal and Trendy. ELF mineral eye shadows are really great. Tried some and very impressed. Not to mention that it's only 3 bucks each. Compared to BareMinerals, these are so much cheaper. Haven't tried Bare Minerals before. Heard that their foundations are more finely milled than the ELF ones. These eye shadows are fine enough for me. I can't imagine if there's any eye shadow out there more fine than these. I need to try out Bare Minerals one day. The glitters of the shadows are not annoying at all (If you don't already know, I HATE glittery eye shadows)because they don't fall all over your face when you handle them with are.

Mineral Lipsticks in Pouty Petal and Party Pink. Looking at the pictures on the website, I thought both of them are gonna be light pinks. It turned out that both of them are darker pinks. They are beautiful colors, but I know I can't pull them off once I saw them. Disappointing! :( I seriously hate ELF pictures online. THEY ARE NEVER TRUE TO COLORS! Pouty Petal is very sheer, it's like a tinted lip balm. Party pink has better pigmentation. Anyway, these two are not my favorite. I am seriously considering stop buying lippies from ELF. I feel cheated, over and over again, by the pictures they post online.


ELF $1 lipstick in Charming. It's a dark brownish red. DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THE PIC SHOWN ON ELF.COM, which is a nice mauvy nude color. People who have dark skin tone may be able to pull this off, but not me! Feel cheated, AGAIN! Damg it!


Other 1 dollar ELF lipsticks in Classy (this is a dupe for a MAC lipstick), Nostalgia, Seductive and Charming. Classy is my favorite! I can't explain how beautiful it is. It is like it is made for me! :D Nostalgia is a nude with pink undertone color. Look at it, this is what happened when I tried to put it on my lips. It broke on me! I tried to fix it by pushing it back and it became like this. The weather is too hot, the lipstick has already melted and I didn't notice when I put it on. A brand new lippie gone T.T Seductive is a dark peach color that makes me look like a clown when I put it on. Charming is obviously not charming at all if it's gonna make me look like I am in my 40s. Dark brownish reds are not for me, yet.



In flash! This is how I am fooled! I always look for swatches before I buy something. Most people take photos with flash because they have shaky hands (including me). Colors are washed out and look nicer than they really are.


 My small ELF mineral lipsticks collection. From left to right: Nymph dream, Runway Pink, Nicely Nude, Pouty Petal and Party Pink. Nymph dream and Runway Pink are both very light. ND is like a concealer for my lips. I use it to conceal my lips if I want other lipsticks to show up better. Both of them are pretty drying. Nicely Nude is not a nude. It's a peachy pink color, pretty sheer. It's an Okay color for me but it's more moisturizing than the former two. I don't care about the lippies except for Runway Pink.


In flash! Don't let it deceive you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment