Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Urban Decay Naked Palette vs ELF Beauty Neutral Eye Edition & ELF 100 palette DUPES!!

The ultimate, long sought-after, forever-out-of-stock Urban Decay Naked Palette. See how gorgeous it is. I didn't let myself get my hands on it until... Let's see why!


Because I found a dupe palette for it! The swatch on the right with intense color is of course the Naked Palette. The one on left is the dupe. Pretty close huh?


This is the dupe for the Naked Palette! The ELF beauty book in Neutral Eye Edition.


I would say they are almost 90% dupe. They look like PERFECT dupe when you compare them together though.Well, if you look at the pic above, you know that they are not. Darkhorse and Hustle dupes are not exactly dupes. What about the quality? Not similar at all! That's why I finally spent 48 bucks on it! The ELF is only 5 bucks but it requires much more efforts to get the colors. I have to literally rub my brush on the palette just to get decent color pay-off. I bought this even before I knew this is a dupe because I saw the colors are just so nice. Some colors are pigmented though, most are not. Other ELF Beauty Books are highly pigmented, except this! What the hell? Such a huge disappointment.


The ELF beauty book does not have good dupe for Darkhorse. This is such a pretty color. But guess what? I found a much better dupe from my collection, which the the ELF 100 palette. The quality of shadow is slightly better too. This is a rare color, I was happy to find a dupe for this.


Another better dupe for Hustle is on the ELF 100 palette too. How cool is that!


Just to show you how the 100 palette looks like. hehehe. The quality of the 100 palette is not consistent though. Some have better color pay-off than the others. They work fine with a primer. I am not "wow-ed" by it. But the Naked Palette, I can't say enough good things about it. The pigmentation is just awesome.


Look using Naked Palette.



Whole face.

So what do you think? 48 bucks or 5 bucks?

2 comments:

  1. i really love the way u draw ur eyeliner and shadow!!
    u got soooo many palettesssssssssssss ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to buy the Naked palette! I am a big fan of dupes, but I don't want too much eyeshadow palettes. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete